Pharmamar And Jazz Have Common Reference Shareholders

Pharmamar And Jazz Have Common Reference Shareholders

Pharmamar and Jazz Pharmaceuticals share, in addition to Zepzelca , the same reference shareholders with Blackrock and Vanguard as the maximum exponents of this fact.

Blackrock is Jazz’s largest shareholder with a weight of 11.35%, which makes it hold a position with a current market value of more than 1,000 million dollars. The US manager settled in this position in the third quarter of last year by increasing its stake with more than 1,930,000 shares.

Vanguard, another global investment giant, is the next leading investor in the Irish company with an 8.66% stake in working capital valued at $ 768 million, according to data compiled by Bloomberg . In addition, from 2014 to 2019 they did not stop increasing their exposure.

State Street, Norges Bank and Dimensional Fund
The State Street investment fund is the sixth shareholder of the Irish-born company, with a 4% position corresponding to $ 355 million, and also has a significant presence in Pharmamar.

The same is true of Dimensional Fund and Norges Bank , although both are far from the noble zone on the Wall Street market.

Jazz’s thirteenth shareholder is for Dimensional Fund, which holds 1.57% of the company’s total positions, which are currently worth just over $ 139 million.

For its part, the Norwegian central bank is the nineteenth investor of the Spanish partner with a position that has remained intact since 2019 and that corresponds to 1.19% of working capital, just over 105 million dollars at market price.

Another giant, Fidelity , closes the “ top 5 ” of shareholders , in fourth place with 5.20% of the working capital that is worth 450 million dollars in the stock market and in fifth place is the LSV AM fund with 357 million, 4.03% of actions.

The capitalization difference
There are large differences in value between the positions these investors have in the Irish company and those they also have in the biopharmaceutical of Galician origin.

This situation is explained, beyond the volume of shareholdings, in the market value of each of the companies.

In euros, Jazz Pharmaceuticals has a market capitalization of more than 7,300 million, while Pharmamar moves over 2,000 million.

Stock performance
Regarding their stock market performance, Jazz stocks fell 4% in the course and Pharmamar’s are the leaders of the IBEX 35 with a rise of more than 50% so far this year.

Regarding the mission of the market consensus, analysts who follow the evolution of both companies see more path to those of the ‘biotech’ of Ireland.

Thus, Jazz does not have a single recommendation to “sell”, 94.1% of the experts on the Bloomberg panel choose to “buy” shares and the remaining 5.9% prefer to “hold” the securities. Quoting above 157 dollars and a target price for the 12 months set by analysts at 197.47 euros, there is a potential for revaluation of more than 25%.

The fact of the cruising speed taken by Pharmamar makes experts cautious. 50% of them consider that it is necessary to “keep” the securities, 33.3% recommend “buying” shares and 16.7% choose to “sell” the positions. All in all, they set a target price of 100.6 euros and when trading above 100 the potential is negative by 2.6%.

Pharmamar’s reference shareholders
The first three shareholders of Pharmamar are clear, they are immovable and no one threatens their leadership. The maximum investor is its president, José María Fernández Sousa , with 6.50% of the securities valued at more than 129 million euros.

He is followed by one of the group’s advisers, Montserrat Andrade Detrell , in turn wife of the president, with 5.1% of the working capital.

The Rosp Corunna podium closes , the investment vehicle of Sandra Ortega inherited upon the death of her mother, Rosalia Mera , co-founder of Inditex along with her ex-husband Amancio Ortega . Sandra keeps 5% of Pharmamar left by her mother and with a current price of 100 million euros.

Aplidin company top 10
Just behind the management team of the company, as Sandra Ortega has just joined the board of directors, and a company related to the group, the aforementioned Vanguard, Blackrock, Norges Bank and Dimensional Fund appear.

Vanguard is the fifth investor in the Aplidin company against the coronavirus with positions worth 41.12 million euros, representing 2.06% of the shareholding. It is followed by Blackrock, with 1.68% valued at 33.45 million euros.

Right after, seventh shareholder, there are Norwegian investors with a weight of 1.68% with a market value of 23.69 million euros.

Finally, in ninth position, is Dimensiona Fund with 1.29% of working capital, which represents a weight of 26.46 million euros. To find State Street, you have to go down to the seventeenth position with 0.19% of the shares that are priced at 3.76 million euros.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *